Safeguarding and Protection of Children in Sport
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
Safeguarding and Protection of Children in SportPosted: 04/04/2019
Venue: Doges, Templeton on the Green, 62 Templeton Street, Glasgow, G40 1DA
Time: Friday, 26 April 2019 @ 18:00
The Safeguarding & Protecting Children course is an essential requirement for all those working with children in judo and all volunteers must attend this course before they can apply for their Judo coach licence. It is a short 3 hour course that has been developed and certificated by Sports Coach UK and covers the following learning outcomes:
- By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise
- Recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
Please note: Judo clubs will be given priority for this workshop if demand is high.
Important Information: Those attending this course must complete CWPS eLearning module 1before attending. Module one can be completed here: CWPS eLearning module 1
Book your place now via the JudoScotland Membership zone: Click here to book now
If you would like to find out more or see if this course is suitable for you, contact PaulMcGuinness@judoscotland.com or call 07949888278