The Regional Coaching Talent Programme is a nationally coordinated and regionally delivered programme of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) which is run in partnership between Sportscotland and JudoScotland. The programme’s purpose is to ensure that committed and achieving club and performance development coaches are supported and recognised through an innovative programme of needs identified learning and development opportunities. The programme’s aims are to improve knowledge and skill sets, reward coaching commitment and inspire coaches to perform at higher levels in their coaching environment.
It is anticipated that your commitment would be to attend approximately 3 – 4 workshops in year 1 which will be both sports specific and generic in content.
The below selection policy has been agreed by JudoScotland and Sportscotland’s Regional Coaching & Volunteering Managers. It provides detail on the process by which JudoScotland will arrive at coach nominations, which will be submitted to a panel for consideration to the Regional Coaching Talent Programme.
The programme benefits for participating coaches include:
• Keeping you and your players at the forefront of coaching
• Personal development
• Revalidation of coaching award
• Networking opportunities with performance coaches from other sports
• Achieving UKCC Level 3 eligibility criteria
Coaches can be considered for inclusion within the Regional Coaching Talent Programme if they meet the below eligibility requirements and selection criteria guidelines:
To be eligible coaches must meet the following:
• Hold a Full JudoScotland license
• UKCC Level 2 qualification or Valid Level 2 British Judo coaching qualification
• PVG membership or recent (3 years) Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check
• Valid first aid qualification
• Aged 18+ years
• Coaches currently coaching in a club that can demonstrate a history  of producing players for the JudoScotland Talent Development Programme or equivalent.
• Coaches currently coaching in a club that can demonstrate engagement  with the JudoScotland Talent Development Programme
• Coaches that can evidence a proven history of a commitment to CPD or evidence of the barriers faced in terms of CPD which this programme will help to overcome
• Coaches currently operating in a geographical location demonstrating relatively low levels of performance development but who can evidence a commitment to progress
Achievement, by a coach of selection standards detailed in this document, is the first step by which nomination can be considered. The final decision with regards to the selection for Regional Coaching Talent Programme lies with the selection panel.
Any coach wishing to be considered for the programme should complete an application form and return it to Education & Development Executive, JudoScotland, EICA Ratho, South Platt Hill, Ratho Newbridge EH28 8AA by Friday 29 June 2012, with a copy of a current CV.
JudoScotland will hold a Selection Panel meeting shortly thereafter to review all the applications. JudoScotland will communicate the outcome of the selection panel deliberations to all applicants. JudoScotland will nominate coaches to Sportscotland’s Regional Coaching and Volunteer Managers for final approval of selection.
The Selection panel will consist of the following individuals:
• JudoScotland Education & Development Manager
• JudoScotland Education & Development Executive
• SIS High Performance Judo Coach
• High Performance Manager, sportscotland Institute of Sport
The programme will be reviewed and further developed in year two to engage interested year one coaches in an enhanced individualised support programme, and involve new coaches as per the established criteria and nomination process.
Further information regarding the Regional Coaching Talent Programme can be provided by JudoScotland’s Education & Development team on 0131 333 2981 .
 A ‘history’ refers to a coach working in an environment that has had more than one player gain selection to the National programme over a minimum period of 2 years.
 ‘Engagement’ refers to either regular attendance by the players at nationally organised training sessions or regular attendance and coaching activity by the coach at nationally organised training session. Attendance will be evident from the programme attendance registers.
***Please click link below to download application form***