JudoGirlsRock 2019/20 applications are now OPEN!
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
JudoGirlsRock 2019/20 applications are now OPEN!Posted: 12/07/2019
Q: How can you increase your club’s membership, whilst at the same time encouraging more females into judo?
A: By signing up to JudoGirlsRock!
Having introduced over 200 new girls to club judo in 2018, the award-winning JudoGirlsRock returns for a 4th year! JudoScotland, in partnership with sportscotland, are now looking for the next batch of local clubs and coaches to deliver the 4th phase of this fantastic project. The programme will continue to support the delivery and development of the people and experiences that make judo a fantastic sport for young females.
We want to create opportunities and encourage females to participate in the sport of Judo by considering what will inspire girls to enjoy our sport. With this approach we aim to enhance the level of participation of girls in Judo throughout the whole of Scotland, including the development of female coaches.
What is JudoGirlsRock?
JudoGirlsRock is open to girls of all ages. Each session focuses on judo-based activities and when possible, youth work styled workshops. These workshop may cover various topics such as Health & Well-being, Cooking and Healthy Snacks, Internet Safety, Team Building and Bullying.
What’s in it for the club?
- Increased club membership.
- Financial support to deliver the programme.
- Multiple training opportunities for club coaches and youth coaches.
- Additional support for the club from JudoScotland Regional Development Officers.
- Additional support to remove the barriers to participation.
- New positive role models for others within the club structure.
- An exclusive JudoGirlsRock promotional pack.
- You’ll deliver judo to at least 20 new female members in a bespoke ‘girls only’ environment, which will see them achieving their first grade and participation in their first Skill sCool event.
- You’ll have the skills and resources to provide a pathway of appropriate opportunities and experiences for JudoGirlsRock participants.
- You'll help to promote JudoGirlsRock through your club’s social media channels.
Great! Where do we sign up?
If you want to find out more, or discuss how JudoGirlsRock could fit with your club, please give us a call or drop us an email.
Stephen J Somerville - JudoGirlsRock Lead
M: 07595 710 470 / E: email@example.com
Luke Struthers - West Regional Development Officer
M: 07809 733 397 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Samuel Ingram - East Regional Development Officer
M: 07738 846 529 / E:email@example.com
We’ll listen to your ideas and talk you through any queries you have. Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th August, 2019.
Induction: Sunday 8th September, 2019.