University National Randori Sessions
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
University National Randori SessionsPosted: 23/08/2019
We’re excited to announce that we’re introducing student-friendly National Randori sessions to the JudoScotland National Training Centre. These sessions, which will take place on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, have the aim of:
- Giving university judo players in Scotland the opportunity to gain additional training at no additional cost.
- Forging links with players from other universities and Scottish clubs, which could lead to additional training opportunities outside of term time.
- A strengthening of the relationship between university judo in Scotland and JudoScotland.
- A potential strengthening of cross-university judo links.
The National Randori sessions that are held every Tuesday evening are open to all JudoScotland members; it is hoped that the introduction of these ‘university-friendly’ sessions will encourage more young judoka to come along and develop their skills in a safe yet challenging environment, with the support of our high performance coaching team.
The sessions will be split into 2 parts:
- Technical session led by National Coach Takafumi Kitahara from 6pm-7pm.
- National Randori session from 7pm-8.30pm (Any players who are not comfortable taking part in the entire randori session would be free to do some of the session or are free to simply watch).
The upcoming schedule is as follows:
Tuesday 17th September
Tuesday 15th October
Tuesday 19th November
Tuesday 17th December
Location: JudoScotland HQ, EICA, Ratho, Edinburgh, EH28 8AA
If you’d like more information on this, please email email@example.com or call the office on 0131 333 2981.