Annual General Meeting 2020 and Board Nominations
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
Annual General Meeting 2020 and Board NominationsPosted: 17/08/2020
The JudoScotland annual general meeting (AGM) 2020, will take place on Saturday 10 October 2020, commencing at 1700 hours.
You will appreciate that with the current coronavirus situation across Scotland and the presently unknown duration with regard to ‘physical distancing’, JudoScotland are currently looking at a number of potential arrangements for staging this year’s AGM – both physical and virtual.
The confirmed venue and/or joining instructions will be communicated via the formal calling notice, distributed in advance of the AGM.
In advance of this year’s AGM and in line with the current Articles of Association (the Articles), we hereby give notice that nominations will be sought for the following positions:
- Chair of the Board and;
- Two (2) Non-Executive Directors.
Please find a job description and person specification (Chair of the Board/Non Exec Director) for the above position(s). This should provide prospective candidates with relevant background information on the roles currently available.
In terms of the nomination procedure:
- Nominations for any position on the Board must be received in the Company office no less than thirty days prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM). For the avoidance of doubt, all nominations should be received by 1700 hours on Thursday 10 September 2020;
- Each nomination should be supported and endorsed by two JudoScotland Member Clubs and;
- Each individual nomination should take the form of a ‘pen portrait’ of the candidate.
Please note that the above position(s) are not suitable for anyone disqualified from holding a Directorship in a Limited Company.
Pen Portrait Submission
In previous years, we have been asked for broad guidance around the submission of the ‘pen portrait’ for aspirant members of the Board. To look towards ensuring uniformity and equality, we would appreciate that any submitted ‘pen portraits’ do not exceed two (2) pages of A4 paper in length.
Aspirant Board members can submit a document of their own design, or alternatively we have supplied a pro-forma template that individuals may wish to utilise and submit:
- Chair of the Board (Chair of the Board Nomination);
- Non-Executive Director (Non- Executive Director Nomination).
All nomination forms received that meet the requirements of the Articles will be issued to member Clubs as part of the formal notice of the AGM, to be sent at least fourteen days prior to the date of the AGM.