JS COVID-19 Update
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
JS COVID-19 UpdatePosted: 16/04/2020
JudoScotland Briefing Paper
Covid-19: Club Support Resources
Circulation: To all JudoScotland Member Clubs
16 April 2020
We appreciate that JudoScotland Member Clubs come in all shapes and sizes – as well as different ways of operating. Therefore, Member Clubs may require different levels/methods of support at this challenging time.
Amidst cancelled events, remote working, uncertainty around projects and funding, and concerns for the well-being of people in our communities, club and community sport is going through a challenging period.
The wider sporting community is also proving its resilience, with many individuals and organisations stepping forward to support each other. sportscotland want to support Clubs by providing up to date information on the support that is available to them at this difficult time.
Further information around potential support is available via: https://sportscotland.org.uk/covid-19/support-for-clubs-and-community-sport-organisations/
Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO)
For some Clubs looking for assistance from the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) may be an option for assistance and support. Being passionate about what the voluntary sector can achieve, along with their 2,000+ members, SCVO believes that charities, social enterprises and voluntary groups make Scotland a better place.
With the current health crisis affecting Scotland, SCVO has set up a “Coronavirus Third Sector Information Hub”. They are currently working to update this hub with practical guidance and answers to common questions about how organisations can manage during the coronavirus crisis.
Support could extend to:
· Your employees: How to support and protect your staff, and enable remote working;
· Funding: Funding available to support with the crisis;
· Leading Your Organisation: Leading your organisation (Club) and accessing business support;
· Services: Essential services and new models of remote service delivery;
· Volunteers: How to support volunteers in line with government guidance;
· Fundraising: Information for fundraisers;
· Community Assistance Directory: Find and offer help in your community;
· Guidance and Support: Links to official resources & information.
Further information is available via: https://scvo.org.uk/support/coronavirus