JudoScotland Response to First Minister’s Update: 10 November 2020
Get involved! Finding your nearest Judo club is easy, Get started here...
JudoScotland Response to First Minister’s Update: 10 November 2020Posted: 10/11/2020
JudoScotland noted with interest the update provided by the First Minister earlier this afternoon to the Scottish Parliament, concerning the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Strategic Framework to combat the Coronavirus.
There was welcome news in terms of a limitation on the number of new positive cases and some signs of a fall in COVID-related hospital admissions.
Against this positive background, there was also the announcement of the decision to move Fife, Perth & Kinross and Angus Local Authorities from level 2 to level 3 of the Scottish Government’s Strategic Framework from this Friday, 13 November 2020. This was due to all three local authority areas currently on a sharply rising trajectory of positive cases.
We would therefore ask that all JudoScotland member Clubs that operate within these three specific local authority areas to please check the JudoScotland website and the “Five Tier Guidance for Judo-in-Scotland” (here) to understand any restrictions applicable to Judo-delivery from this Friday.
The Scottish Government also asked that the general public abide by the current travel restrictions, including:
- If you live in a level 3 area, do not travel outside your own local authority area unless it is for essential purposes and;
- If you live elsewhere, do not travel into a level 3 area, except for those same essential purposes.
We appreciate that the current situation continues to evolve on a regular basis and that should you require additional support, this is available by contacting a member of JudoScotland staff:
- Sam Ingram, Regional Development Officer e: firstname.lastname@example.org; m: 07738 846529
- Luke Struthers, Regional Development Officer e: email@example.com; m: 07738 846527
- Tony Penfold, Head of Business Delivery e: firstname.lastname@example.org; m: 07949 888074
Your health and safety and that of your loved ones continues to be the priority and we would urge all JudoScotland Clubs and their members to continue to adhere to the current public health guidance from the Scottish Government.
Wishing you continued good health.